Club Player Pathway
The Gaelic Games Player Pathway:
is designed around a set of principles that align with the core values of the GAA, the LGFA & Camogie Associations, ensuring opportunities for everyone to experience Gaelic Games whilst providing the very best, most valid development experiences possible for all of our players. The Player Pathway is based on the FTEM athlete development framework, empirical evidence and international best practice. It consists of three main pathway phases; Foundation, Talent and Elite/High Performance which in turn, are further sub-divided into eight sub-phases. The pathway is not linear with the players connection with their club maintained even if they play at inter-county level.
The pathway is underpinned by six key principles:
- Club is Core - Club is central to nurturing a love and passion for our games and sustaining communities and lifelong participation
- Player Centred - We develop the player and the person
- Quality Coaching Experiences - Our coaches create an enjoyable coaching environment to meet needs and welfare of the player
- Connection - Our pathway promotes connection through relationship building opportunities, communication and teamwork.
- Inclusive - Gaelic Games are for All, regardless of abilities, background, beliefs or identities
- As Many as Possible for as Long as Possible - Our Pathway prioritises long-term development with a games programme that supports recruitment, development and retention of players
Link to Claremorris GAA Pathway: (Below)
Players profiling template: (Below)